Scottish Parliamnet

I have so much to share from the last few days - I'll try to spread it out some! Recently, MA and MFA1 students from the University of Edinburgh participated in a WWII art project hosted by the Scottish Parliament to accompany a debate on the current state of affairs. This was a very big deal overseen by our capable colleague, Pilar García de Leániz.
     With the graduate show looming and another project under contract, I wasn't able to participate in this one, but I did go to the opening night to support my friends. Here's the gang in front of their pieces.
And one of Karin with hers as well.
The building itself is wild. You should look it up. We met in a smaller discussion room.
There, we listened to Sir Tom Divine talk about the history of Scottish referendums and Scotland's historic views towards immigration.
It was very interesting, made more so by the interesting faces of those in attendance. I had to draw them (something I'm trying to do more of these days).
Afterwards, we took a group shot in front of the impressive building with Arthur's Seat in the background.
Then we headed to a local restaurant for some celebration grub. Good job, guys!

No comments: